Thursday, November 14, 2013

Writing Prompt: What's in a Name?

Megan.  Does the definition of my name suit me?

According to wikipedia, MEGAN ("MEtaGenome ANalyzer") is a computer program that allows optimized analysis of large metagenomic datasets.
Nope, that doesn't work.

At urbandictionary, Megan is A girl that is very stubborn but at the same time can be the greatest friend on the planet. She loves pizza and is absolutley gorgeous. She is loved by everybody and is fucking hilarious!
Pizza's alright and I wouldn't say gorgeous and loved by everybody.  I do think myself to be a great friend and pretty funny here and there.

At She Knows Baby Names:
Greek Meaning:
The name Megan is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Megan is: Pearl.
Meh, moving on.
American Meaning:
The name Megan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Megan is: Pearl.
...
Persian Meaning:
The name Megan is a Persian baby name. In Persian the meaning of the name Megan is: Child of light. Famous Bearer: Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
That is hilarious to me just because I ADORE the name Celaeno which is "the dark" or "daughter of darkness."
Anglo-Saxon Meaning:
The name Megan is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Megan is: Strong and capable.
Oh man do I try to be.
SoulUrge Number: 6
People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Okay, stable and loving family cool.  Work with others cool.  Be appreciated?  If appreciation happens, cool but I don't do what I do for appreciation.  I do it because I love to and I enjoy it.
Expression Number: 22
People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Um, well.  That sounds about right there.  

According to the Kabalarian Philosophy:
Your first name of Megan gives you a responsible, systematic, and practical nature, able to excel in technical fields or as a teacher and you would also enjoy the practical arts.
 Wow, okay.  That's spot on.
Being methodical, you work best where you have the time to do a good job, although you can be too fussy at times finding it difficult to react spontaneously to new ideas from others.
 Not really.  I can roll with the last minute details.
You rebel at being rushed or put under pressure.
 HAH, no.  
That is when you can become somewhat inflexible.
 Nope nope.
You appreciate home and settled conditions and take on a lot of responsibility to ensure that your home life functions efficiently.
 I guess?
This name restricts the innate expression of an artistic, musical nature.
 Wait what?  No.  
A fondness for heavy, rich foods could, through overeating, cause you to suffer through intestinal and digestive troubles.
Are you talking about my love for butter and bacon?  I don't overeat...  ;-;
Mama’s Losin’ It

6 comments:

westmetromommy said...

I love reading all these posts about people's names! I kind of wish I had chosen that topic!

Unknown said...

You could still write on that topic. Some weeks I think about writing more than one of the prompts..

mryjhnsn said...

Hello Megan! It is a lovely name and was even on my short list for baby names. Well done with the prompt!

Stacey said...

I had no idea there were so many places to go to look up the meaning of a name! It is always interesting to see if it really fits.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Name meanings can be fun and insightful. :)

Unknown said...

The last one I don't know much about that source.. I've honestly never used them before and it sounds like some weird cult group, lol.

Post a Comment