Monday, November 25, 2013

Writing Prompt: Dragons & Unicorns

"Someone told me that dragons never really existed. I know unicorns are just fantasy. It is fun to think about these things now and then. What do you suppose life would be like with these creatures roaming around?" -The One Minute Writer

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's start with the first sentence there.  I do not agree with that at all.  I do believe that dragons existed.  I believe dragons and dinosaurs to be the same creature.  When you read old texts, fables, and stories (yes in fables some bits are false but it's also based on bits of truth as well) but we hear the word dragon.  The word dinosaur was coined in 1841, so of course dinosaurs wouldn't be mentioned in any ancient legends because the word didn't exist then.  But they had the word dragon.  
How amazing it is to me the theory of dragons being dinosaurs, dinosaurs being dragons.  
Now unicorns, I always believed the theory of someone looking incorrectly at an antelope for the longest of times.  But then wouldn't their visual error be corrected once the beast began to move?  The theory makes sense as a child but as an adult reviewing it, I can see room for error.  
What do I think life would be like of they were roaming around today?  To me, in their realistic forms of dinosaur and grassland creature wouldn't be too far different in our lives.  In their fantasy forms of pillaging villages and blessing virgin girls, holy wow that'd make for a HUGE difference in our reality.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment