Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking Back on 2013

1:What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Visit Babyland, the place where all of the Cabbage Patch Kids are "born."  
2:Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Geez, I don't even remember what my resolutions were last year.  If I resolved to get my bachelor's degree then I was successful!  
3:Did anyone close to you give birth? YES!  Congratulations to Armando and Lauren! Congratulations to Ashley!
4:Did anyone close to you die? No
5:What countries did you visit? Did pretty well to stay within the same state the whole year long, much less travel out of country.
6:What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Glasses.  Tired of blurred vision.
7:What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 20 - Graduated Kendall College!  August 1 - My daughter started kindergarten!  
8:What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Have I mentioned my degree?
9:What was your biggest failure?  Hmm....  I guess I still have two canvas projects left unfinished...
10:Did you suffer illness or injury?  I caught the flu this year.  That was a bummer.
11:What was the best thing you bought? All of the stuff from buycostumes.com for $5 during the $5 sale.
12:Whose behavior merited celebration?  My friends.  We really are the cool kids in town.
13:Whose behavior made you appalled?  The Others.  They're kind of like me and my friends, except they live on the other side of the island and are full of drama.
14:Where did most of your money go?  Daycare and college.
15:What did you get really, really, really excited about?  There was those three minutes when I found out about Day of the Tentacle HD being worked on and possible iPhone release before I found out that was being crushed with every other project LucasArts was working on.
16:What song will always remind you of 2013? 
 

17:Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? (a) sadder  (b) thinner  (c) richer
18:What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading and creative writing.
19:What do you wish you’d done less of? Less writing papers for school.  But they did get me that degree....
20:How did you spend Christmas?  Awesomely.  Christmas Eve was at my parent's house, Christmas Morning was at our house, and Christmas Dinner was at my in-law's.  
21:Did you fall in love in 2013?  I'm always falling in love.  As I talked about, I seriously develop loving relationships with my friends.  My daughter is full of moments that warm my heart.  My husband constantly fills my heart with glee.  
22:What was your favorite TV program?  On Netflix, I kind of fell in hard with Chuck and Supernatural and Fringe.  Hulu keeps me coming back for Once Upon a Time.
23:Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?  Not that comes to mind really.  
24:What was the best book you read?  My list was so few to pick from..  Most likely I'll have to go with The 5th Wave.  2014, let's work hard to read some better literature.  
25:What was your greatest musical discovery?  

  
26:What did you want and get? My degree and the remastered Utena collection.
27:What did you want and not get?  To go to a fancy ball.  
28:What was your favorite film of this year?  Catching Fire! *fangirl scream*
29:What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? My brother got his degree.
30:How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?  I found clothes and put them on.  They are clean.
31:What kept you sane?  Communication with others.
32:Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?  Hmmm......   Well, there is that Chris Hemsworth fellow...
33:What political issue stirred you the most? There were quite a few but I usually try to keep quiet about them simply because there's enough people on the internet to address it without me having to add in my opinions.  There was one that got me to the point of saying something.  
34:Who did you miss?  I missed people here and there all over the last year, but they made appearances in my life last year as well so I didn't spend the whole year missing them.  
35:Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.  There's always going to be that one person who is going to look for the negative in everything; don't let them bring your self-opinion down just because they refuse to see anything good.
36:Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.  "Got one hundred steps to go, tonight I'll make it ninety-nine."

0 comments:

Post a Comment