Wednesday, April 16, 2014

GELDS: SED2.4b

SED2 – The child will engage in self-expression.
SED2.4b With adult guidance, uses verbal and non-verbal expressions to describe and explain a full range of emotions.
WSO: Identifies some feelings and responds to those of others. 

Activities: Emotional Charades.  Children can demonstrate a variety of emotions from sad, happy, hungry, tired, silly, and more using only their facial expressions.

Emotions BINGO.  Your BINGO cards should have faces for various emotions.  Before you call the emotion, describe it.  For example: "I feel like this when I forget to eat breakfast.  My tummy is grumbling and I'm ready for lunch.  I am.... HUNGRY!"

Books: The Feelings Book by Todd Parr
 Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberley
 Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods by Sandra Boynton.

0 comments:

Post a Comment