Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Work

First day back in the classroom since May 10.  It still seems unreal to me.  I love every minute of working there.
I won't deny it. When I started working last summer I was strangely intimidated.  Not about my actual job, that part I had been doing for over eight years at that point.  Intimidated with my new work environment.  I hadn't been in a new work environment in eight years!  New administrators.  New coworkers.  New classroom.  Just so much new to find myself and fit into.
This year, while I might have worked in that classroom last year, it's still new walking in.  Not new like last year but new as in walking in and actually knowing where I fit and my plan of attack.  It's like walking into an old room that's been repainted.  Same room.  Brighter impression.
Last year was awesome but this year will be even better now that I've no how to stand there.  Best job ever.
The saying really is true, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment