Friday, July 12, 2013

Nanami Cow

Something that you should know about me: I friggin love Utena!  I'll watch it so many times I'm stupid about this show.  Anyway, so for years I've always thought the idea as dressing like Nanami from the episode "Cowbell of Happiness" would be awesome for Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A.
Nanami is your typical spoiled popular girl and a party she threw was "spoiled" by another character coming in wearing designer jewelry given to her when Nanami receives a Sebastian Dior cowbell that she refuses to take off to show how awesome she is.  It turns out, it's really a Cowstian Dior cowbell for another character's cow (also named Nanami).  Her stubbornness turns her into a cow.  It's kinda of like that old tale that if you make a silly face that it will freeze that way but SERIOUSLY exaggerated.  At one point in the show, she even starts wearing gym clothes in more of a cow design which is what I went with for Cow Appreciation Day. 


Has it been done? Yes, but not that I know of for Cow Appreciation Day. 
While my cowbell might now be Cowstain Dior, I'm pretty content with the end result.  I didn't bother with bleaching my hair to match Nanami, but it was a fun project nonetheless.  Now instead of thinking about doing this, I've got it on hand.  Maybe I'll keep adjusting it to perfection over the years.  It maybe that I'll just leave it be.  Point is, I did it.


UPDATE: Please vote for us in the Chick-Fil-A Cow Contest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment