Thursday, December 26, 2013

Adventures in Medicine

As you all know, I had to go to the MedStop to be identified with the flu.  Of course, I was prescribed some medications to thwart this evil living within my body.  I had never taken any of these medications before so I had a few things to learn.

The pain killer
It wasn't until day two that I read the warning label that said not to lie down for at least 10 minutes after you take this medicine.  I did not follow that day one.  I don't know what the difference was but after reading that note I keep up for 10 from then on.  I'm also supposed to drink a FULL glass of water with this one.  It will dry you up.

The cough syrup
Prescription cough syrup is WOW!  One teaspoon and no driving for me.

The anti-flu
Is this the one I'm supposed to take on a full stomach or was that the cough syrup?  I don't know, eat and take them all together.  My husband has to take this one with me to prevent catching my sickness.  Since the doctor didn't write two prescriptions and we followed his orders, our insurance freaked out when I tried to get this refilled one day early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment