Thursday, October 24, 2013

Writing Prompt: Ring

"Write a blog post inspired by the word: ring."


I don't often wear my wedding ring unless it's Open House or PTO night, events like that.  My fingers get bloaty-fat during certain times of the month which doesn't feel great for the finger wearing my ring.  It gets irritated, dry, and yucky during that time.
Rather than take my wedding ring off during those times, I just wear it for special occasions instead.
My husband doesn't mind too much.  He lost his while working on my car engine a couple of years ago.
We talk about replacing them or something but it seems like if we're going to do that, why not renew our vows along with it?
There's no rush for us really.  We still love each other.  We're still married.  Good enough for us.

Plus I can devote an entire pinterest board to awesome wedding rings and no one is allowed to say anything because BOO! I need one anyway.

Mama’s Losin’ It

4 comments:

mj said...

I stopped wearing my engagement ring many years ago, and I take my wedding ring off from time to time and forget to put it back on. I still feel married, though, so I guess it's all good :)

Unknown said...

Still being married and happy about it are more important than rings on fingers. :)

KatBouska said...

I don't wear my ring all that much either. It's amazing to me how much people care about that. I make sure to put it on for conferences or girls nights out too...mostly to avoid raising any eyebrows.

Unknown said...

It's amazing reflecting on how important we think it is for the wedding but how little it means compared to the strength and love of the marriage itself.
But it always gets put back on just for show and to avoid talk. :)

Post a Comment