Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Writing Prompt: Deja Vu

The One Minute Writer

The panic and nerves had risen through my arms as we had waited together.  Or perhaps that was the chill in the air.  I remember turning on my phone to consider taking a picture of this moment which caused me to look at the clock.  I shouldn't have allowed myself to look at the time because all it did was make me start to worry again.  I shouldn't have worried then, but I still do it to this day.  I was so busy worrying while she smiled excitedly next to me.
Then it approached, she had hugged me so tightly yet so briefly as she jumped toward it.
"I love you!" I had yelled.  "Have a good day at school!"
The door closed and she was gone.  Off to school.
I always had carried too much panic of missing the bus back then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment