Monday, October 7, 2013

Ghoul School Versus Monster High

First off, HOW AWESOME IS SCOOBY DOO AND THE GHOUL SCHOOL?  I know right.  It IS that kind of awesome.Only thing that could make it better?  Take out Scrappy Doo.


Alright, let's battle it down the list.  Let's start with cast:
6 private school girls versus entire high school
  Okay, that's an impressive casting on the MH side....   



Animation quality:
 
Pen to paper against computer animation
Okay, so GS is from 1988 but so was The Land Before Time...  Going to point it to MH again..       



Antagonist:
 
Revolta versus Cleo de Nile 
I think the military school boys are better antagonists but love the Queen Bee Nasty of the high school drama.  POINTS ALL AROUND!



Vocal Cast:
        
Old School fame against Anime Voice Stars      
     
Seriously, look at the voice casting on both of these projects.  These people know what they're doing.  POINTS FOR EVERYONE!



Puns:
 
Hanna-Barbera Classic or Fetch Lingo
There are very few lines of dialogue in GS that DON'T contain a pun, while MH makes it flow in a way that sounds like high school kids talking their high school talk.  All hip and cool and stuff.  POINT TO MH!   



DANCE-OFF:
Monster Mash versus Monster High Opening Theme
Monster High takes the point!



End Credits:



As much as I love Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School, taking the time to watch Monster High I have to admit: It's a really cool show.  Whatever that they dress as they do, they're representing HIGH SCHOOL.  Though I don't know about you, I wore a lot of jeans and t-shirts in high school.  There's not enough fem characters representing me.  Though Ghoulia and Laguna are MY FAVES!  
Don't judge me until you sit down and watch an episode.  

UPDATE:
Finally made it to Volume 3.  Can I just say how much I love Abbey?

0 comments:

Post a Comment