Thursday, August 8, 2013

Travel Shadowbox

About a year and a half ago, my husband and I went on a vacation to Blue Ridge Mountains.  I loved the trip so much!  We stayed in an adorable cabin on private property, went gem mining and fishing and putt-putt golfing, and even bumped into a college buddy and her now-husband on happenstance!  
We came home with lots of gems from out gem mining experience.

Now, we want to keep all of these beauties but don't want them mixed with other gems.  These are special from our vacation.  I finally purchased a shadowbox to place them all in.  This one I did not print a background picture, but painted it.

Then, using a hot glue gun, I stuck some of the gems to the board in the shaped of a heart.  I recommend not gluing your fingers like I did for this step.

I know, a little wonky looking but they're gems.  You end up the best shape that you can.  Dump the remaining rocks freely into the frame space.

Write in there when and where these gems were acquired and then frame it all together prettiful!

SHINY!  To the wall with you!  I'm thinking the hallway would be a nice home for this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment