Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Large Group Literacy

Last year I did a long focus on a majority of the GELDS from books and activities to songs as well. 
This summer, I will share with you all the various activities that I implement for Large Group Literacy.  
Large Group Literacy is a part of the pre-kindergarten day separate of large group, opening activity, or closing activity that focuses on reading, writing, and retelling.  The class as a whole participates in reading chart stories and large print books, practices activities allowing them to strengthen their writing skills, and retelling to display literary comprehension.  
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I will post up various Large Group Literacy activities for various learning units that I teach throughout the school year.  From Apples to Zoo Animals and everything in between!  Some units have as few as three activities while some have as many as ten.
I hope that these will help foster growth for your students in your classrooms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment